Sunday, November 4, 2012

Encourging those effected by Hurricane Sandy!!

Good afternoon!   It is a beautiful fall day here in the Carolina's, but I can't help but think that it isn't as pretty for those still dealing with the effects of Hurricane Sandy last week.  I made this card for a member of the Circle Message board and we are hoping that she will be encouraged as she receives cards in the mail this week.

The card itself is a pale yellow cardstock (6 x 5) that I added a frame of blue that was embossed with the Cricut Cuttlebug and a Tim Holtz folder. I really like the added interest that the embossing gives. The design was made by cutting circles from 4 coordinating papers that were 1 1/2 inches in diameter with my Creative Memories circle maker. I then cut a 1 inch square of chip board to help make the shape uniform.
 
x

 
As you can see from the pictures above the chipboard square really does a great job of keeping your shapes uniform so that they fit together on the card very cleanly.

 
The inside of the card I used a coordinating base, that was one of the circles on the front and used a stamp that is a little difficult to read in the picture that says, "Life is a Daring Adventure or Nothing" by Helen Keller and one of my favorite verses in Psalms 121:1-2....I lift up my eyes to the hills--where does my help come from?  My help comes from the LORD.
 
Praying that all those that have been effected by this storm will find the help that they are seeking.
 
Have a blessed Sunday!
 
All my best,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

You’re Tweet Background